Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day 13

A few statistics...

Dax had his 6th tooth poke through today.

There are 9 days left until our road trip to Ohio.

13 days is the longest we've ever been apart from each other. (That would be today)

I have killed 4 wasps in these past few days.


2 of which have been inside our house.

There are 26 days left until you come home!


Today I had planned on going shopping for Dez's birthday. I had arranged for my for my mom to watch the boys. She was suppose to get off work at the usual time at 3:00 and I was going to drop them off right at 3:30.

She didn't get off work until 6:00. (Which was no fault of hers by the way)

So I decided well, I'm not going to have any other time to do this so I might as well go through with my plans even if they are delayed by a few hours. And since it will be pretty late when I get back, I figured we would just stay the night and leave in the morning.

This sudden change of plans is where I lose my brain.

I start to pack our bags sort of haphazardly because I'm running out of time. I manage to get everyone and everything into the car by 6:30. Not bad, not bad. I just won't have the luxury of slowly searching for that perfect present.

At 6:40 (on the road) I realize that I forgot Mushu. Just left her outside.

No worries, Nana says. She can stay here tonight with us. Whew. Ok. Poor Mush. I can't believe I forgot her!


Finally I get to my mom's house at around 7:00ish. Drop off boys and leave hastily mumbled instructions. 7:10 I'm back on the road to get to Beaumont.


7:15. Did I pack Dax's bottles? I know I filled them and got the formula dispenser ready. But did I pack them?


Nope. Sure didn't.


7:25... I have purchased the necessary items to feed our child and have delivered them to my mom. Along with toothbrushes for me and Dez because I apparently forgot those too. 


8:00 Finally make it to Toys R US! Woohoo! I got all the things on my list that I had planned on getting for Dez. It was very nice to finally have some alone time even if I was running errands. It's the first time I've been by myself since you've been gone. I make it back to my mom's at 9:35.


The door is locked.


Ok, She's just putting Dez to sleep or taking a bath. I won't be out here long. 


5 mosquito bites, 7 text messages, 2 phone calls, and 35 minutes later I finally make inside.


Mom fell asleep putting Dez to bed by the way....


Love, KK









No comments: