Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 11-Haircut and Groceries

Our precious little boy decided to wake up today at 6:00a.m. Yes, that's right. Two hours earlier than what he usually does. Holy crap, was I tired! I got him to go back to bed at 7 and we slept until Dez woke up at 9:00.

Since Dax got an early start today, I decided that I might as well too! We all went out to run my errands in the late morning/early afternoon. It's funny how accomplished I feel when I get more than one thing done a day with 2 little boys. I was pretty proud of myself!

First we went to get Buster's hair cut.



Then, as always, he wanted to ride the escalators in Dillards. He had to ride by himself since I had the stroller with me. I would have tried going too but we would have ended up falling over our feet for sure.


He was so excited that he had the privilege of going by himself! To be honest, it made me extremely nervous.  But he was very proud of himself! And he's just too cool with that sucker in his mouth!

After we walked around the mall, we went to go get groceries which is a feat in and of itself when it's just me and the boys. But, I was quick and I had Desmond helping me. I gave him his own little shopping cart and he only rammed my heel once!

Once we got home I realized why I don't ever like to get things done early. Dax had fallen asleep in the car and was mad that he had to be woken up to get out. It was also lunch time. For everybody. I was frantically running around unloading groceries, then trying to find and make lunch. At that moment I just decided I would focus on feeding Dax first since he goes berserk if he sees food that isn't going into his mouth. About halfway through his feeding, I realized that Desmond was putting up all the groceries for me. He would stop to ask me where a particular item went and if a squash was a vegetable or not to put in the right drawer in the fridge. He literally unloaded and put up every single thing from the grocery store. My heart just melted. What a sweet boy we have!

Later that night we went to the redbox to pick out our movie for movie night, which was Puss in Boots again. I think I just might have to get that for him for his birthday. He really seems to enjoy it and sits and watches the whole thing!

We had a good day today! Tomorrow we will go swimming and have another movie night, but this time at Nana's house with Sequoia. I think we'll end up staying the night over there.

Love, KK

**Dez's funny thing of the day: I went to check on the boys playing and overheard Dez singing a song from my Eclipse soundtrack. Thought you would like that :)

No comments: