Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Typical Monday

7:00am: Gabe gets outta bed to head to school. I get to stretch out across the entire bed. Hands down, my favorite part of the day. I fall back asleep.

8:40am: Dez sneaks upstairs, grabs my phone, and heads back downstairs to play games. This is normal and routine.

8:45am: Dax wakes up. Dez hears him and climbs into his crib with him and shows him pictures, videos, and shows him how to play his favorite games. I can hear them giggling and laughing through the monitor upstairs.

9:15am: OK, I'll get outta bed and take care of my children :) (They've been perfectly happy playing with each other in the crib, by the way. Don't judge me!)

9:30am: Breakfast is served! Toasted raisin bread with Lil Cutie orange slices. They eat every bite! This day is just going great! I make myself an egg to add along to my breakfast.

10:00am: Time to clean, and clean I do! Boys play very peacefully and happily together!

11:00am: Snack time! Boys both share HALF a personal watermelon.

12:00pm: Just cleaned the entire house. Yes, I DID just clean for two hours straight  Yes, this is normal for me. Although I did have a little extra work to do so it took a little longer. Me and Gabe had a party this weekend that I didn't bother cleaning up til now. The whole time I cleaned, the boys played. And played, and played. Only had to check on them once when Dax ran into the door and hit his head.

**Side note: I have noticed that the boys will play more nicely, and for longer together if I have music playing on our iPod dock. Also helps me to keep cleaning!

12:15pm: Dax is ready for his nap. Dez offers to put him to sleep for me. He gets everything ready; he turns out the lights, turns on the rainmaker and fan, gets Dax his special blankie, and picks out and reads a book. All I have to do is wait until he's done and put Dax in his crib. Awesome!

12:20pm: Gabe calls. He's on his way home early from school today! Woohoo!

12:50pm: Feed the Buster a lunch-snack. He turns on Netflix himself and picks Scooby Doo to watch.

1:00pm: I catch up on paying the bills and doing laundry.

1:15pm: Gabe's home! He sits down, grabs a snack and watches Scooby Doo with the Buster.

2:00pm: I start to get ready for the day. (OK, I'm a little embarrassed to admit this...) I was at least semi-dressed up until this point. I DID change out of the clothes I wore to bed after I made breakfast! I am just now putting on my make up, fixing my hair, and changing into clothes I can actually wear into public.. And really, what's the point before now? My boys don't care what I look like. Although, now that Gabe's home I should probably get on it so he doesn't think I'm a slacker.

2:10pm: I just realized I haven't brushed Desmond's teeth today. Awesome. Oh well, better late than never.

2:25pm: Ugh. Laundry. Just go fold yourself. This is laundry load #3 for the day. I think I'll only have one left after this one.

2:30pm: Oh. I forgot. I haven't eaten lunch yet. I do that sometimes. I opt for a snack since we'll be going somewhere shortly that will have delicious and rather unhealthy food.

2:45pm: I decided to just sit on the couch for the first time today until the Nugget wakes up. I catch up on Facebook while Dez and Daddy play Lego Harry Potter.

3:10pm: The Nugget has awoken. Gabe and I start preparing things to get the boys into the car. This doesn't take long (It usually does) since Gabe is here to help.

3:30pm: In the car in record time! Immediately a request is placed for the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack. We listen to it the whole way to Beaumont.

4:00pm: Chuck E. Cheese!!!! Buster has been waiting MONTHS for this day!! Play, play, eat, play.

5:00pm: GiGi's Cupcakes for dessert! This was a surprise for both boys. They had no idea a cupcake could be so awesome.

**Side note: Gabe thinks this is the stupidest place and has the stupidest cupcakes. "Why do I want to get a cupcake that I have to sit down and eat with a fork? That defeats the whole purpose of deciding to eat a cupcake!" No, no dear boy. The whole point of this cupcake is that you HAVE to eat it sitting down and with a fork.

5:10pm: Sugar kicks in. Boys=Hyper, Me=Sleepy.

5:30pm: Gabe decides to stop at Academy since we're already here in the Big B-Town. The boys are not too thrilled with this. Luckily, they both know how to work our phones!

5:45pm: Phones are not doing the trick.

6:10pm: We leave with nothing but a kiddie chair for Dez's soccer games. Which is NOT what we came for at all.

6:45pm: We finally arrive back home! Husband and I flop on the couch and let boys play. Seriously, where does their energy come from!? Can we switch metabolisms for a few minutes? They are running around in circles. Literally.

7:00pm: Dez does not want to be here. He wants to be at Nana's house. No problem. Grandparents live literally next door. It'll be nice to *kinda* sit and relax a bit and let them run around over there.

7:15pm: At the In-Laws. Dez has revealed his true intentions for being here. Papa's iPad. Snacks. The bad for you kind that are conveniently well stocked here. We settle for a game of Hide-and-Seek instead. Which is actually a nice game. Once I find a good spot that's comfy, I can close my eyes for a few precious seconds and revel in the silence.

7:25pm: Grrrrr. The laundry. Never did get around to that last load.....

7:45pm: The in-laws invite us to stay for dinner. There's plenty for us! Well that's perfect because I was planning on making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the boys and a bowl of cereal for me and Gabe would have been on his own.

8:00pm: Boys are done eating. Me and Gabe's turn!

8:05pm: Dax wants all the food on my plate.

8:10pm: Dax wants the snacks in the snack cabinet.

8:11pm: Dax wants the food on Nana's plate.

8:12pm: Dax has a meltdown.

8:15pm: OK. Home. I start picking up the things from the day, boys play. Start getting the boys ready for bed. (Woohoooooo!!!)

8:30pm: I realize Dez is filthy. That must mean Dax is too. Quickest shower in the history of the earth takes place.

8:50pm: Teeth brushed, hair combed, pajamas on.

9:00pm: Quiet and in bed!!

9:01pm: Ha! Not!! Ever since we got rid of Dax's pacifier, he thinks its part of the routine to talk very very loudly for about 10-15 minutes.

9:15pm: While Gabe's in the shower I catch up on blogging. And Facebook. And a little bit of Pinterest.

9:20pm: "Nugget!! Stop talking! I'm trying to go to sleep!!" --Dez

9:30pm: Put up all the stupid laundry. Well, I at least put all the laundry in their respective rooms.

9:40pm: Ahhhhh. Finally. A shower.

9:50pm: Just remembered I was planning on doing 20 minutes of yoga today. And I was going to paint my toenails. Those were the only two things I had planned on accomplishing today. Maybe tomorrow...

10:00pm: Painfully trying to decide if I want to eat the rest of my cupcake or indulge in Haagen-Dazs Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream instead.

10:02pm: I devour the cupcake.

10:05pm: Gabe and I get our nightly snack ready (a bowl of cheez-its to share) and start an episode of Game of Thrones, as is our nightly routine.

11:05pm: Game of Thrones left us hanging. We watch another hour long episode.

12:00am: Check on the boys in their room. Change Dax's diaper (while he's still sleeping) and bring Dez to the potty.

12:05am: Brush teeth. Dry hair.

12:15am: Head hits the pillow. Too tired to do anything else...if you know what I mean. That's ok because Gabe is too tired too. ;)

12:25am: Finally asleep. I hope I get a good night's rest to start it all over again tomorrow!











No comments: