Sunday, July 22, 2012

Our Ohio Trip (Tuesday-Thursday)

(Days 26-28)


On Tuesday, July 10th and Wednesday, July 11th we did some more hiking. Man, let me tell you, I was not prepared for all this hiking. Physically, yes. Equipment-wise, no. I had to go to the nearest WalMart and get a few things. I didn't have the greatest shoes for walking, or the clothes. I didn't even have a backpack!

Our next hiking destination was not equipped with smooth trails. In fact, there were quite a few drop offs! Desmond would scare me so bad. He thought it necessary to jump over every single tree root. Which was every 2 feet along. He sure did enjoy himself! 


Dax traded in his stroller for this super cool backpack!




Beautiful, beautiful scenery. (Why do we live in Texas, again?)



Dez found lots of cool things and Dax enjoyed himself so much he took a nap!

On Thursday, July 12th we were back at Ricky and Shannon's house. I thoroughly enjoyed being at the cabin. It was peaceful and extremely relaxing.  However, I sure was glad to be showering in clean non-smelling water! 

This day was our Zoo and Zoombezi Bay day! (Zoombezi Bay is like the equivalent of Houston's Splash Town)  I had been looking forward to this day the whole trip! I didn't take too many pictures though because I was having too much fun and living in the moment.







Sadly, I didn't get to take any pictures of the splash park due to excessive amounts of water (obviously!). But both boys had a blast there as well! 


No comments: