We finally got some cooler, milder weather and decided it was the perfect setting for camping......
...in our backyard!
We invited some friends over, roasted hot dogs over an open fire, toasted marshmallows for s'mores and used up the last of the New Year's sparklers.
Dez had gotten a brand new, just his size sleeping bag for Christmas and was thrilled to finally get to use it!
So up the tent went!
Here are some photos summarizing our night:
Ah, such a gourmet meal.
Dez also got a walking stick for Christmas. According to him, it was absolutely necessary for it to accompany him at all times during the campout.
LOVE sparkler pictures!
I don't think Dez did much sleeping in his own sleeping bag that night. In fact, I'm pretty sure Gabe froze all night making sure that Dez was always covered up, usually with his own sleeping bag and blankets. But I don't think Dez minded one bit. He keeps asking when we can go camping again.


No comments:
Post a Comment