Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween Part 3

TRICK OR TREAT!!

I have so many fond memories of trick-or-treating. What's not to love about getting free candy AND dressing up?? As a kid, we never missed a single Halloween. We usually went with our cousins, who I was very close to. I always had a pretty costume thanks to the leftover dance recital costumes I accumulated through the years. And then at the end of the night me and Mikah would dump our buckets of candy on our beds in the room we shared. We would separate and group together all our candy and then the trading would begin! It was just awesome being a kid.

I wonder why our parents let us eat so much candy. I really don't think they had any idea exactly how much candy we got.   .....I also wonder why I never got sick eating so much.

This year, Desmond really understood the basics of trick-or-treating. Last year he was only two and didn't fully grasp the concept. It was so fun to see the excitement in his little eyes. He knew just what to do and did it all on his own.  It's always so weird to see him exploring his world on his own because I'm with him all the time and he doesn't always get the chance. Oh he was so fun to watch!! He was even polite to every house we went to. Every person at the door got a cute "Gank you!!" after a piece of candy was deposited into his bucket.

Well, like an idiot, I left my camera when we did all of our trick-or-treating so I only got these few pictures:





As a side note-- I would just like to say thank you to my wonderful husband who has ALWAYS agreed to wearing a costume. He never says no to anything I pick out no matter how ridiculous. Thanks, Gabe! Love you :)

Hope everyone had a great Halloween this year!

On to Thanksgiving!

No comments: